List Courtesy

To: "Tom Di Iulio" <diiulio@ix.netcom.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: List Courtesy
From: "levilevi" <levilevi@attbi.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 18:31:03 -0700
List,

This probably goes into the expecting too much category but I've noticed that
some times responses I sent on posts have been met with stone silence.    I
must caveat this rant and say MOST listers don't fall into that category,
however.

I don't think it's asking too much for an acknowledgement  (and I mean
privately not necessarily to the list) that the response was at least
received.  I imagine this has happened to others on the list too, but I think
common courtesy would indicate that if someone goes to the trouble to answer,
and probably do a little research too, in order to help you out, that a simple
reply of "Got it" or "Thanks" is not beyond most people's capabilities.  The
reply button is not that hard to find.

Now I know the list doesn't exist to make us feel better about ourselves in
answering posts and that's not the point.  The point is that putting out a
little effort to thank someone who put out some effort to help you is a nice
thing to do.

My way of dealing with it is to not respond to those who in the past haven't
taken the time to say thanks for the lousy, bad, and totally off base advice I
consistently provided ;)

If I'm wrong about this...then let me have it.  Nomex in place!!

Rant Off.

Bud Rolofson
71TR6 CC57365 (Good 6)
66TR4A CTC57806 (The Wreck-Almost Parts)
66TR4A CTC57529 (The Project)