RE: List Courtesy

To: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: List Courtesy
From: Lennart broekhof - SunPS ITops RSC4 <lennart.broekhof@sun.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 10:25:50 +0100
Although it is always very nice that somebody say thanks, it is also true that
this list is so helpful that you do get a lot of replies when you ask
a question.

Some people think that this list already is receiving enough emails and decide
to only answer to the person directly. So  you will never know for sure how
many answers somebody gets on a question.

Beside this, I wonder if people always do receive emails that were send to them
in a reply.

I remember that I asked a question not long ago and I received so many replies
that I wasn't sure anymore if I did answer them all !

This is not a complain, till now this list has always been more then helpful !

As I am postmaster for de holland domain for my company I get 6700 emails
average per month. I use Eudora mailer to help me filtering and moving emails
to several mail boxes.  What I also get are all the mailer daemons from every
person in holland who sends something to a non existing (wrong) email address.
I do not read them, but if I reply and make a typo myself........ I
will never know !

Anyway, thanks to you all I know at least that my car is Mallard and
will not come
back from the painter in Emerald ;-)

And if one of you have to go to the California Department of Motor
Vehicles shortly, do not
hesitate to let me know :----)

  Cheers,

Lennart