Re: tr3 - e-bay

To: Shrack04@aol.com
Subject: Re: tr3 - e-bay
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2002 21:08:57 -0700
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Shrack04@aol.com wrote:

> See item # 1813276071  Say's it's the real deal,, All the numbers match.
> Mine don't,, my engine is off by a couple hundred,, as are most.  I  wonder
> how the floors seemed to out live the rest of the body.  Say's it all
> original,,  and the Rack and Pinion Steering is mechanically sound.  And,,,
> says:I don't misrepresent items for sale.   Well,, This is a rare one if "All
> Original"
> Thanks in advance,,,, KENT

I wonder what that means when some claims that all their Triumph's numbers
match.  They will seldom (if not ever match each other since the cars were
not built under a single number but consolidated as a set of numbers attached
to a single (and different) commission number.

If someone's car has all matching numbers, I'd be wary of it because you can
bet it is not original and someone who doesn't know about Triumphs is
trying to pull a fast one.

If he means the numbers match the BMIHT build certificate, that's different!

Joe