Re: tr3 - e-bay

To: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>, Shrack04@aol.com
Subject: Re: tr3 - e-bay
From: "Scott A. Roberts" <herald1200@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2002 23:29:34 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Joe Said-

I wonder what that means when some claims that all their Triumph's numbers
match.  They will seldom (if not ever match each other since the cars were
not built under a single number but consolidated as a set of numbers
attached to a single (and different) commission number.

If someone's car has all matching numbers, I'd be wary of it because you can
bet it is not original and someone who doesn't know about Triumphs is
trying to pull a fast one.

If he means the numbers match the BMIHT build certificate, that's different!

I say-
Numbers matching on that poor, misbegotten beastie, abused so fiercely,
means that they are all between 0 and 9, and will match other numbers you
have seen in that category!

Poor car. To be displayed in such miserable condition. Like putting your
sick brother in the freak show.

Scott