RE: I lifted the bonnet and.....?

To: Randall Young <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Subject: RE: I lifted the bonnet and.....?
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2002 05:00:52 -0800
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net Spelling Checker
<snip>
>However I
>can't explain why the crankcase vent appears to be connected to the carbon
>canister, might be something wrong there.
***********************
Everything's pretty much as you explained, except I might add that the look
is more like that of a late 70 early eighties car.  The crankcase hose to
the canister is correct, as it "purges" the canister  Every "TR" setup I've
seen is done this way - the main difference is the number of small hoses,
and I believe that the latest version of the spitfire (from about 78 on)
actually has two canisters - and that funny thing under the cable is an
"air intake bleed valve" similar function as an overrun valve, that is to
prevent popping or backfire on overrun or when you let off the gas suddenly
-
bschwart@pacbell.net (San Diego)
---