RE: I lifted the bonnet and.....?

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: I lifted the bonnet and.....?
From: Steve Reilly <Luckyone@sympatico.ca>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 21:26:32 -0500
Hey Randall,

While it may look "normal" to you, it was different for me.  I own 4 1970
Triumphs, so I am basically used to only the Emission control valve!  While
I do have a 1975 TR6 motor, the only thing extra on that is a EGR valve
(previous emmission items probably removed).

I Saved all of your comments regarding each emmission control device so
that in future I can refer back and understand these systems moreso.  I'm
going to try to get this engine running soon after
preparing/cleaning/reconnecting it all back up.  I would like to experience
what a late 70's California spitfire was like to drive before I truly
decide to haul the motor!

While I did lift the bonnet before purchasing it, I did so to inspect the
underside of the bonnet/wheelwells/frame/engine shelf.  It was dark in the
Garage and all I had was a small flashlight; I was using my fingers a lot
to feel for the normal rust areas.  While I did look at the engine briefly,
I did not pay much attention to it as chances are a different motor would
be going back in.  I seem to have GT6/TR6 motors/drivetrains/chassies in
abundance at the moment!

While we're on the subject of Late spitfire motors, does anyone know what
BHP the late Californian spitfires were truely rated at?  I believe they
were below 55BHP, maybe even below 50BHP?

Thanks for all of the responses,

Steve Reilly
'70 GT6's
'70 TR6