Re: control head TR3

To: Stephen <jsellis@shaw.ca>
Subject: Re: control head TR3
From: Michael Ferguson <fergie@ntplx.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 23:43:37 -0500
Cc: TR List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
The short metal tube that sticks out of the back of the control head has a
small nib that has to slide into a corresponding notch in the end of the
stator tube. Common problem is that the stator tube cracks where the notch
is and allows the head to rotate.

I assume you have the brass olive nut tightened at the front end of the
steering box. If not, I suppose it's possible that the whole tube may be
turning, not just the head - although I doubt it.

Don't know if a cracked tube can be brazed or not. I think most folks just
get a new tube. There's an outfit in NJ called Really Healey that used to
have them in stock. Can't find the web address or tel number, but perhaps
someone else will know.

Good luck.

Michael Ferguson
1959 TR3A  TS53990L...O
There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and 'mental illness.'...Dave Barry

> From: Stephen <jsellis@shaw.ca>
> Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 20:21:23 -0800
> To: triumphs@autox.team.net
> Subject: control head  TR3
>
> Is anyone out there familiar with the #%!#& control head
 can't get