RE: control head TR3

To: Stephen <jsellis@shaw.ca>
Subject: RE: control head TR3
From: Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 09:35:11 -0800
Cc: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Stephen :

You've already gotten some excellent advice from the list.  A few more
things to watch for : the dimples that locate the stub tube on the control
head to the stator tube in the column are fairly high up in the stub tube,
you need to be sure that the stator tube is reaching them.  If it sticks out
of the steering box by more than about 1" or so, this may be the problem.
I've also heard of a DPO cutting off the end of the tube with a hacksaw ...

Both the control head and stator tube are different with the adjustable
steering wheel.  If you have an adjustable steering wheel, this may be your
problem.  I think it should be possible to get the 'adjustable' stator tube
and/or control head to work with a fixed wheel, but the adjustable wheel
requires the correct parts to go with it.

Randall
59 TR3A daily driver TS39781LO
63 Sports 6 rustoration project HB7826LCV