Re: Overseas shipping - another experience

To: "aribert" <aribert@c3net.net>, "triumph list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Overseas shipping - another experience
From: "Dixie" <dixie4@wales.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 06:35:25 -0000
I have just shipped a full set of clocks for a BMW 2002 to a guy in the US.
The weight you mention was similar. It cost #7.03GBP (approx $11.00).
Just another case of a shipping rip off or a case of an uniformed (read dumb
or lazy) seller. As stated in some of my earlier posts to the list there are
countless different rates and ways of packaging that reduce the shipping
charges if the sender takes the initiative to search out the alternatives
and compare them.

The VAT export exemption is a little more complicated for a business that is
VAT registered. I looked into this once. On a single item the paperwork is,
quite frankly, not worth the effort required.

Regards
Adrian
TR4A CT64306 O