Re: TR6 gas pedal rod

To: "INTERNET:rstirb@townisp.com" <rstirb@townisp.com>
Subject: Re: TR6 gas pedal rod
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2002 21:27:46 -0500
Cc: "[unknown]" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>, "[unknown]" <blueturtles@yahoo.com>
Message text written by INTERNET:rstirb@townisp.com
>Dave,
        Hmmmm.  Good idea!
                Rick

On 24 Mar 2002 at 11:47, Dave Massey wrote:

> I would add: apply a drop of super glue (r) (cyanocrylic cement) to
> the mating ends of the bushings just for insurance.
<

Amazing stuff, that cyanocrylic.  Years ago we made a vacuum chamber with
an inch thick polycarbonate lid with a circular groove for the O-ring seal
but the groove was too short for the O-ring so one guy just cut the O-ring
down and glued the ends together with super glue.  I thought it would never
work but 12 years later it's still working just great.

Dave