RE: TR6 gas pedal rod

Subject: RE: TR6 gas pedal rod
From: Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 17:38:17 -0800
Cc: "[unknown]" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
> Dave,
>       I used to work in the paint department of a local hardware
> store.  Whenever I sold super glue, I encouraged the customer to
> also purchase the vial of superglue Debonder.  Too many stories
> about people glueing their fingers together, or glueing their finger to
> their eyelid.   Arggghhhh.

Which is a very good thing to have handy, but it's just acetone.  Many kinds
of fingernail polish remover are mostly acetone, ask your wife if she has
some.  Or, you can get a quart can of acetone in the paint section for about
what that little vial costs.  I keep it around just to clean things that I'm
going to epoxy or superglue together.

A little careful work with a razor blade, X-acto knife or scalpel works too.

Randall