Percy up and running today!

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Percy up and running today!
From: "Jim Muller" <jimmuller@pop.mail.rcn.net>
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2002 17:59:16 -0500
I got Percy (the '80 Spitfire) up and running today!  Thanks to
everyone who offered help on the battery.  I'm sold on VX-6.  Spent
more money on postage than on the product, and had to wait an
interminable number of days for JCWhitney to mail it to me.  But
after getting a jolt of water and this stuff, the battery sure
charged up in a hurry and turned over the engine smartly!

Hmmph.  It's idling rather fast.  Quick, check over the carb.
Duuuuh, that looks like a busted spring.  Sho'nuf, a spring wound
around the inside of the throttle shaft is, shall we say, unattached.
 One end that had previously been looped over a lever was now
floating free as a bird.  A careful application of needlenose pliers
along with a secondary return spring has solved the trouble for now.
Tuesday will be the test - off to the office!  Commuting is so much
more fun in the right vehicle.

The GT6 is coming along, coming back together.  One more session,
possibly tomorrow (weather permitting), and the full complement of
small Triumphs will be available again.  The Red Sox season opener at
Fenway is tomorrow.  Life is good.

--
Jim Muller
jimmuller@pop.rcn.com