Re: 1st car

To: "Fred Thomas" <vafred@erols.com>, "Triumphs" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 1st car
From: "William Davies" <bill@rarebits4classics.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 20:49:47 -0000 h08KsfRO002842
From: Fred Thomas <vafred@erols.com>

> How about what year & what kind was your 1st car, and not just a T/R, "no" I
> will not go first  :)  "FT"

My first car was a round wheelarch MG Midget when I was 19 (1986) - I really
wanted a Spitfire but my (non-enthusiast)parents thought MGs were better cars
and had more class. As they were more than helpful with my finances I was
swayed! I never took my driving test until a year later (I was more interested
in playing loud guitars than driving until then!) by which time the car had
reached "uncompleted project" status. So my first "real" car was a cast off
from my Dad's business, an 850cc Mini Van. Great fun, very quick to 30 mph at
which point it ran out of gears. Despite soon acquiring an MGB GT, the Mini Van
remained the standby whenever the MG broke down (frequently) and was ultimately
crashed 4 times, the last time being terminal.
I bought my first Triumph, a Yellow Herald 13/60 Convertible in 1989 since when
I've not looked back. Over 40 Heralds since plus plenty of other Triumphs,
including 6 of those Spitfires that my parents were so sniffy about......
    Cheers,
        Bill.

--
Rarebits4classics