Re: 1st car

To: TRIUMPHS@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 1st car
From: Tim Gaines <mtgaines@mail.presby.edu>
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 16:01:09 -0500
>How about what year & what kind was your 1st car, and not just a T/R, "no" I
>will not go first  :)  "FT"

Mine was a 1958 VW with 36 hp, a sunroof that leaked, and a busted
heater.  Bought it in 1965 when I was 17.  Drove up to the mountains
of West Virginia from Maryland to see my girl in 1967 and got
passed by an 18 wheeler on a steep grade.  That weekend I nearly
froze in it when the temperature went down to 0.

Bought my second car later in 1967 after selling the VW for about
$300.  It was a 1965 Spitfire.  Boy I learned a few things on that
car; how to replace a clutch in the back yard, how to do a valve
job in the parking lot outside a machine shop.  It rusted out on
me before I built a garage to protect it (about 14 years ago).  I
sold it for almost nothing, and my son spotted it about 4 years
ago in a junk yard.  Looked pretty bad.

--
Tim Gaines
Clinton, SC