Re: 1st car

To: "Triumphs" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 1st car
From: Michael Thompson <miket@rio.edu>
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 15:34:08 -0500
My first car in 1980 was my grandfather's 1950 Dodge Pickup 4 speed
unsync with fluid drive. It only had 36,000 miles and three original
tires. I sold it to keep it preserved because I had no garage to store
it in. I had restored it and replaced the wood in the bed with oak.
My second car was a 1962 TR3 (1982) I pulled out a barn for $200. The
only thing that worked was the windscreen washer. It was so rusted we
decided to weld the fenders and nose to the body. It was my only car
for many years during the 80's. I must have put 50k hard miles on it
before I sold it. I used to drive between Ohio and Wash DC. One night I
made it in 4.5 hours.
It was a good "solid" car. It is now in the Netherlands. Go figure.
Cheers,
Mike Thompson
http://www.rio.edu/miket/
59 Triumph TR3A