LBC, non-Triumph question- longish

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, triumph_herald@yahoogroups.com, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: LBC, non-Triumph question- longish
From: "Scott A. Roberts" <herald1200@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2003 15:16:35 -0500
Hi everybody!

I am contemplating a second BC, an MSBC(mid sized British car) at the
expense of both my pickup and 1969 Belvedere- a 1988 Jaguar XJ-6(Not a
Vanden Plas)

The car has about 91k miles on it, the body is in very nice shape, the
interior pretty good, but needs a spot here and there attended to. I
took the time to "follow the dog" today and give her a test
drive. (Even opened the sunroof just to see what it was like)

My questions are these- I noticed when I first got in, that the seats,
despite being leather, seemed a good deal harder than my mom's
Lincoln, which also has leather seats. Being used to cloth or vinyl,
it seemed a little harsh, especially for a "luxury" car.

Next, I noticed a bit of road bump when driving at low speeds- I
attribute this to the tires- by "road bump" I mean I felt like I could
feel every stone and pebble the car went over. When I increased speed,
this feeling seemed to disappear. Could this be hard or overinflated
tires? Or a shock issue? The car handled well, and went arrow straight
with hands off the wheel, so I don't suspect suspension issues...

The engine(newer aluminum straight 6) seemed to have good power- very
smooth and quick, though I had to work the pedal to get there- though
that just be my unfamiliarity with the beast- I am used to a pickup
with a hair trigger. Shifting was smooth, and I hardly even noticed it
shifting at all- I could tell by the tach.

Anyone have any comments for me regarding these issues, or any others
that I might want to consider? I am hoping to sell my other two cars
quickly to finance this- Anyone need a 1988 Ford F150 or 1969 Plymouth
Belvedere?

Thanks for any help,
Scott