Re: Barrett Jackson

To: "6-Pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>, "Triumphs@autox. Net" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Barrett Jackson
From: "Jim Hill" <jrhill@chorus.net>
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2003 12:22:14 -0600
R. Ashford Little II wrote:

> Is it just me, or does it appear that not only is the quality
> of the cars excellent, but that they go at reasonable prices
> for the make?

I suppose they ARE reasonable prices . . . for someone with more money than
anyone I know will ever have--and who wants to add a 25th, or 50th or 100th
car to his/her collection.

I find the B-J auction fascinating, but for all the wrong reasons--the
announcers acting as little more than touts for Barrett-Jackson, the
"auction assistants" petting and stroking wealthy "collectors" to extract
ever-higher bids, standing ovations for anyone willing to pay WAY too much
for a particular car (like that was some kind of accomplishment?), yada,
yada &etc.

Perhaps I just don't comprehend the desire to buy a car that'd lose 25% of
its value the first time I took it on a road trip.

Jim Hill