RE: Barrett Jackson

To: "'Jim Hill'" <jrhill@chorus.net>, "'6-Pack'" <6pack@autox.team.net>, "'Triumphs@autox. Net'" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Barrett Jackson
From: "R. Ashford Little II" <ralittle2@mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2003 13:39:39 -0500
Jim Hill wrote:

>I suppose they ARE reasonable prices . . . for someone with more money
>than anyone I know will ever have--and who wants to add a 25th, or 50th
or >100th car to his/her collection.

Jim, that may be true of the more exotic cars, but I watched a little
last night and saw some cars go for less than it probably cost to
restore them.

I remember seeing a Shelby GT350, in immaculate condition, go for 43k,
and a really cool older pickup go for 10k.  In both cases, it would
appear that the cost of the restoration came close to or exceeded the
selling price.

While most of the cars go for exotic prices, it would appear that those
cars are in condition worthy of their price.  That's why I said
"reasonable prices for the make."

I didn't mean to imply that the cars were cheap.  But as we all know,
many times it's cheaper to buy a car that's already been restored than
to buy a car that needs a full restoration.

R. Ashford Little II
www.geocities.com/ralittle2