Re: And now for something completely different (no LBC)

To: Mark Hooper <mhooper@pixelsystems.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: And now for something completely different (no LBC)
From: "Scott A. Roberts" <herald1200@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2003 00:25:39 -0500
> On top it says "6PR7CWT" with an "I" and small "m" under.
> On the left it shows "LOT" with an 850 under
> On the right it has "ECC"
> On the bottom it has a small "61F and an up arrow" and a large "1943", the
> date I guess.

If memory serves, it is the casing for a 6pound antitank or artillery shell.
1943 would be the date of manufacture, and the "up arrow" is the British
Army property mark- these appear on all crown Army property, and have since
way back when, in the 1600's as I recall... Long time anyway- it is called
the "Broad Arrow"

As to the rest of the markings, I have no clue, although Michael Hargreave
Mawson may have a good idea, student of militaria that he is(I know it's not
your main genre, Mike, but thought you'd have as good a shot as I, if not
better!)

Scott