Re: Triumph Dolomite Sprint

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Subject: Re: Triumph Dolomite Sprint
From: "levilevi" <levilevi@attbi.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2003 22:30:57 -0700
Graham,

I guess I'm almost always looking for another Triumph (just don't tell
SWMBO).  The Sprint is the latest model to catch my fancy.  A four cylinder
16 valve engine that can make 127 bhp or 150 with a little work certainly
has gotten my attention.  I must feel the need for power/torque cause the
TR8s have also gotten some of my interest lately too.

If you'd like to read the article that sparked my interest it's at:
http://www.triumphdolomite.co.uk/cmmarticle.html

How could you not like a car that combines, comfort, tasteful interior, and
torque yet can get 27-30 mpg on the highway?  With a good power to weight
ratio and a TR6 gearbox/OD and differential how can you go wrong?

I still haven't figured out from the article if it was built on the
Herald/Spitfire/GT6 chassis concept (I think they were indicating it was) or
was something new.  Anyone know?

Bud Rolofson
71TR6 CC57365 (Good 6)
66TR4A CTC57806 (The Wreck-Almost Parts)
66TR4A CTC57529 (The Project)
71F250 Camper Special (Triumph Support Vehicle)