RE: TR6 Soft top & webbing?

To: "'Bob Greene'" <rgreene@whoi.edu>, "'6 list'" <6pack-digest@autox.team.net>, <triumphs-digest@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR6 Soft top & webbing?
From: "Jim Davis" <jdavis344@directvinternet.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 14:26:07 -0500
Bob,
I'm very certain it is A: To position the top frame rails to help fit
the soft top. The webbing keeps the bows in position when raised. The
only bow that is attached to the cover material (when raising the top)
is the center one. Without the webbing, the rear bow would have to be
positioned by hand, and the front bow would need adjusting also. If
you've ever had your top covering and webbing off, you know the top
doesn't raise or lower very well with out it.
Oh, if you decide to replace your webbing, be sure to keep the old
webbing as a template. I didn't, and if I hadn't another TR6 sitting
near to take some measurements, it would have been very difficult to
determine the distance between bows.

Jim Davis
Fortson, GA
CF38690UO