was re: TR6 Carpet Kits from The Roadster Factory

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: was re: TR6 Carpet Kits from The Roadster Factory
From: CarlSereda@aol.com
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 21:01:48 EST
Question for TR4 owners..
some catalogues keep stating that:
"most concours judges now recognize that ALL TR3B, TR4 models were fitted
with grey loop carpet"
I haven't found this to be true. In rebuilding my TR4 out of perhaps twenty
five junk yard TR4s starting way back in 1974 I don't ever recall seeing
'original TR4 carpeting' - unless it was so dark I mistook it for black. Does
anyone have proof that original TR4s shipped only with grey carpeting (and
can I have a tid-bit swatch of said grey carpeting? Geo??)
Carl
'63 TR4 since '74