Re: Stromberg vs. SU's

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Stromberg vs. SU's
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 22:45:46 -0000
Hi Bill
Personal preference rather than scientific fact but I think the Strombergs
are better, they seem to give better performance, and similar economy, I
also think they stay in tune longer than SU's, best keep a diaphragm in the
glove box for when one splits and remember to replace the other one when you
get home as they will both fail around the same time! I also found it pays
to buy genuine zenith diaphragms as I am about five years down the road with
originals and the patterns lasted about a year.
Both carbs will stay "in tune" longer the better the initial tuning.

Graham.