RE: wiring harness

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: wiring harness
From: Nicholas Froome <listreader@pvision.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 13:09:11 +0100
>They are fairly easy to come by, although not particularly cheap.
>
>I would not take it as a given that you need a new one, though, unless you
>are shooting for a 100 point concours restoration and know that the old one
>is already damaged.  The vast majority of electrical problems are at the
>interconnections, not with the wires themselves.

Agreed - what can go wrong with a harness?

I found the only problems with my TR4 harness were as a result of shorts - and
they were, themselves, the result of poorly-done additions to the loom. Alarm
systems seem to be the worst culprit here...

Unfortunately, shorts have an annoying habit of melting insulation deep in the
harness and causing more shorts & failures. Ask me how I know...

Nick Froome
http://www.bolide.co.uk