Re: Wiring harness

To: "Dave Fain" <kc3565l@sprintmail.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Wiring harness
From: "Kinderlehrer" <kinderlehrer@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 09:40:02 -0700
> I am always amazed and amused when I watch a fellow
> Triumph owner carefully lock the doors when parking
> a Triumph convertible with the top up.  If somebody really
> wants to get into the car, I would just as soon make
> it easy for them and keep the top intact.

Dave, always happy to entertain!  Actually, I don't think I've ever locked
the doors on my TR3A, but I always park my wife's Sebring with the top down
and the doors locked.  There are degrees of security and this certainly
won't stop a determined thief, but the casual thug that wants to see what's
in the glove compartment or what CD's are in the changer, may walk away if
the alarm starts blaring.

> >Percy wrote ::
> >Lastly, why anyone would put a theft alarm on a Triumph, >especially
> >an open top car, is completely and utterly beyond comprehension.

Percy, seriously, I don't understand your thinking here at all. Why wouldn't
you put a theft alarm on an open top car? Especially an attractive car like
a Triumph?  Isn't any deterrent better than none?