Re: Brake Parts

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Brake Parts
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2003 22:54:48 +0100
Hi Eduard
The original Herald master cylinder is long since unobtanium as far as I'm
aware. The only replacements seem to be the type that have the reservoir at
right angles to the bore, most people supply one that has a big plastic
reservoir to give the required volume to the system. Is your Herald a front
drum model, if so I would suggest you upgraded to a set of Spitfire discs,
on a convenience level well worth the change, on a safety level imperative
for today's traffic! Even If I were building a concours car I would do this
and forgo any points willingly to be able to drive to the show in safety.
Also Don't forget that discs were optional on Heralds of about that age so
points should not be an issue!

Graham.