Re: TR3 - Wentworth

To: Richard <rhjgaj@pacbell.net>
Subject: Re: TR3 - Wentworth
From: Bill McLeod <wbmcleod@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2003 20:47:05 -0700
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
I will have to admit to being confused by this thread.....
I have owned many TR3's and TR4's over the last 40 odd years, and I have
never found a single one that did not have standard english/american
bolt sizes on everything from engines to body tubs to running gear, with
the possible exception of some carb nuts/bolts and maybe around some
gauges.  Us colonists got our SAE bolt sizes from the English, after
all, and have done nothing to change the relationship except lately
going to metric.  I have found Whitworth bolts in Land Rovers and some
other cars, but never in a TR.  Would some one care to enlighten me on
where these Whitworth bolts are to be found?
Let me modify the above diatribe slightly, to say that I have found an
amazing variety of nuts and bolts in places where they ought not to be,
all sweated in and on there by DPO's.
Waiting for the deluge......
Bill McLeod
Slightly Classics