Installing Elec Fan Pro-Con

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Installing Elec Fan Pro-Con
From: "BobMaassel" <bj.ma@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2003 10:33:27 -0500 from [4.33.144.26] at Sun, 21 Sep 2003 10:33:24 -0500
I went to an auto wrecking yard and found a 12" pusher fan from Buick that had
a Y shape mounting bracket and found another Buick that had a puller fan with
an X shape bracket and swapped the brackets so I ended up with a pusher fan
and an X shape bracket. I had some heavy aluminum sheet material that I used
to make blanking plates on either side of the radiator that I then mounted the
fan to. My car has never overheated to the point of boiling over but I get
nervous when the temp gauge goes past half way when in stop and go traffic.
The fan will drop the temp below what it normally runs at when not in stop and
go traffic. I wanted a true pusher fan as the after market fans that you can
use in either direction necessarily compromise in blade shape and are never as
efficient as one designed for one direction only.
Bob
TR3A TS39869L