Re: Anybody know what this is?

To: ryoung@navcomtech.com ("Randall Young"), triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Anybody know what this is?
From: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 09:29:59 -0400
In a message dated 9/25/2003 9:20:44 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
ryoung@navcomtech.com writes:

> > Note the object clamped to the rear of my transmission and linked back to
> > the strap connecting the shifter extension on the transmission to the rear
> > mount.  Does anyone know what the heck this thing is?...nor can I find any
> > reference to it in
> > any of my TR4 related literature.
>
> The legend handed down to me was that it was the factory's attempt to cure a
> buzzing of the gearshift lever under some circumstances.  Don't know if
> that's true or not, but I've seen the same arrangement on another 63 TR4, a
> parts car I bought many years ago just to get the OD.

The damper IS listed in the TR4A Spare Parts Catalogue, although not shown in
the accompanying picture. There are different ones for OD and non-OD gearboxes.
Sorry I didn't write down the part numbers. It is NOT listed in the First
Edition of the TR4 SPC, although it might be in later editions of same.

--Andy Mace