Re: Anybody know what this is?

To: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Subject: Re: Anybody know what this is?
From: Peter Fullam <pfullam@nycap.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 22:21:30 -0400
Cc: Randall Young <ryoung@navcomtech.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net
I called Mike Esposito at Quantum today on another matter, and the
vibration damper question came up. He says that the dampers were unique
to non-overdrive TR4s only. They had a resonance in the gearbox or
tailshaft. This was not a problem with TR3s, 250s or 6s, nor TR4s with
O/D.  The mass of the O/D changed the natural frequency enough that the
resonance disappeared.

The message seems to be if you had a TR4 with O/D and swapped in a
non-O/D gearbox, you maybe ought to chase up a damper for it.

Cheers,

Pete Fullam
CT19207L, to become LO later