Re: Powder coating brake drums??

To: <SDOliner@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Powder coating brake drums??
From: "Robert Roberts" <rroberts47@cfl.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2004 15:41:23 -0800
Cc: "triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
David:  Most powder coats require oven setting to 450 deg, after flowout,
reset to 400 and cook (cure) for  20 minutes.  I powder coated my drums 10
years ago and they still look as good as new. I have never read any
litureature on the decomposition of powder coat at temperatures below  500
degrees, if the coat degraded at 450, then you couldn't add a clear coat ove
the original.
There are coatings made to withstand 1000 degrees.
Bob Roberts
TR$$$$
CT35411----- Original Message -----