Extreme Conditions

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Extreme Conditions
From: Michael Godley <mgodley@tiac.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 09:44:47 -0500 (GMT-05:00)
I love to hear stories.
>Come on folks .. let's hear some testimonies of High Speed and / or Long
>Duration trips in Triumphs

Well is wasn't a long trip (70 mile or so), and I only had the 4A up to 90 or
so for a few miles on the I-495 between Boston, MA and Providence RI...is was
however the coldest day I have ever driven the car.  Had to pick it up from a
shop earlier this month, in the middle this particularly brutal cold snap we
had a few weeks ago.  At 8AM when I went to start it, the temperature  was 5
degrees below 0.  The locks were frozen and I had to warm one with a
torch....and it barely started as the battery lost its legs.  It was a great
ride home, even though the heater motor wasn't working and the inside temp
never got much above freezing.

Anyone had there TR out on a colder day?

Mike Godley
65-TR4A...now with the heater motor re-connected:)