Re: Extreme Conditions

To: Michael Godley <mgodley@tiac.net>
Subject: Re: Extreme Conditions
From: "Michael D. Porter" <portermd@zianet.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 12:29:08 -0700
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Michael Godley wrote:

> Anyone had there TR out on a colder day?

Yup. In the middle `70s in Michigan, the TR4 was the goin'-to-work car. There
was a real cold snap before I could get
the 20W-50 drained out, the engine was still fairly new and tight, and the temp
dropped to -12 F. Wouldn't even bump
over. Called the tow truck and the driver couldn't get it to start, even with
the 24V system. So, he gave me a push. At
35 mph, the rear wheels just skidded on the snow and ice. At 50 mph, with some
nursing of the clutch, I finally got it
started. Interesting experience.

Cheers.

--
Michael D. Porter
Roswell, NM

Never let anyone drive you crazy when you know it's within walking distance.