RE: Extreme Conditions

To: "Scott Tilton" <stilton@protoprod.com>
Subject: RE: Extreme Conditions
From: "Randall Young" <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 08:37:45 -0800
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
> "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com <mailto:ryoung@navcomtech.com> >
> wrote:
>
> I never have overheating problems even in extreme conditions (like over an
> hour at 100+ mph in 100F temps on the way home from VTR 2001).
> >>>>>>>>>>>>

> Whoa! I thought I was doing good through Kansas on the trip home from the
> Colorado convention.
>
> Is there any story to tell there?  I love to hear stories.

Not really any story ... I live near Los Angeles and the shortest route from
Breckenridge to my home goes right through the Mojave desert.  Now the
daytime desert in August is definitely something to be avoided in a TR3
(temps as high as 120F are common), so I planned my trip to come through in
the middle of the night.  Found a group of cars traveling at high speed (but
not so high I couldn't keep up, barely) so I fell in with them.  Safety in
numbers and all that.  Not sure just how fast we were going, my speedo isn't
the best (and is the wrong calibration for my tires and axle anyway) ... but
the tach was hovering around 45-4700 rpm in 4th OD, with 3.7 gears and tires
that are about 5% shorter than stock.

Randall