Bosch Spark plugs

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Bosch Spark plugs
From: Egbman1@aol.com
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 02:10:02 EST
As I am electrically challenged I need some advice. I picked up a set of
Bosch platinum spark plugs to try in the TR4, but have heard that you have to
use
a special gapping tool to keep from damaging the platinum coating. I am
running a Crane XR700 electronic ignition system. My question is can I use a
regular
steel gapping tool to set the gap and because of the electronic system would
I be wise to open the gap up somewhat? If so, how much?
TIA,
Earl Bowman (Back to lurking in digest mode)