Re: Dim dimmer light...

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Dim dimmer light...
From: Geo Hahn <ahwahnee@cybertrails.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 11:15:27 -0700
Bill & Skip Pugh wrote:

> ... As much of the wiring I can check from the bucket  back  to the
> loom  seems  to be "period correct".
> Question  is:  Where  do I start?   replace the  connector?   check
> voltages?  check  connectivity?  "Tis a puzzlement"

Well first off I'd be sure the ground is good.  Those little
double-bullet ground connectors are vunerable to engine funk.  Just
connecting the black ground wire to a good ground should reveal if this
was the problem.

Beyond that maybe the easiest thing would be to run a jumper wire to the
disconnected headlamp harness (blue/red wire I believe) and see if that
lights up the left low beam.

In the end a multimeter is the thing to use but maybe one of these 2
quick checks will isolate the problem.

My personal guess is a frayed/broken wire in the headlamp harness as
these often get reused even when the main harness has been replaced.

Geo Hahn
59 TR3A
64 TR4
Mt Lemmon, AZ