Dim dimmer light...

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Dim dimmer light...
From: Bill & Skip Pugh <anabil@caltel.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 10:11:28 -0700
1957 TR3 , working fine  a week  ago but  now....

OK...passenger  side head lamp  malfunctioning  on  dim...no
problem...replace passenger side  head lamp...  Wrong!!
On closer  inspection  dimmer  filament (h4 bulb) is  glowing, wiring
appears to be original, and while  the  cloth  covering is frayed,
the rubber? insulation appears intact.  As much of the wiring I can
check from the bucket  back  to the  loom  seems  to be "period
correct".
Question  is:  Where  do I start?   replace the  connector?   check
voltages?  check  connectivity?  "Tis a puzzlement"
--
Bill  Pugh
1957 TR3