RE: Dim dimmer light...

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Dim dimmer light...
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 11:17:38 -0700
> On closer  inspection  dimmer  filament (h4 bulb) is  glowing, wiring
> appears to be original, and while  the  cloth  covering is frayed,
> the rubber? insulation appears intact.  As much of the wiring I can
> check from the bucket  back  to the  loom  seems  to be "period
> correct".
> Question  is:  Where  do I start?   replace the  connector?   check
> voltages?  check  connectivity?  "Tis a puzzlement"

This is a classic symptom of a bad ground, so that is where I would start.
The original ground was a bullet connector shoved into a metal clip, screwed
to the body behind the horn on each side.

If checking the ground (including between the clip and the body) doesn't
solve the problem, then I would definitely check voltages as the next step.
You know some current is making it to the bulb, so it's important to check
with the bulb still connected.  Right there at the connectors behind the
horn is where I would start ...

Randall