TR4 Distributor - Lead From Contact Plate...

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR4 Distributor - Lead From Contact Plate...
From: "Kurtis" <kurtisj@cox-internet.com>
Date: Tue, 4 May 2004 19:57:00 -0500
The distributor on my TR4 has a standard insulated copper wire soldered to
the contact plate and leading to the side of the distributor (this is not
the Moss part no. 153-640, which I believe is supposed to be the same type
wire).  Anyway, Moss doesn't list this as a separate part from the contact
plate (Moss part no. 153-700); however, I've obtained a wire that looks
right from a local British car parts place.  Unfortunately, I can't figure
out how the ring connector at the end of the old wire is supposed to
disconnect from the plate.  As I mentioned, there is a new (incorrect) wire
soldered to it, but the new wire I have has a crimped on ring connector at
both ends.  There is some kind of fastener through it that looks like it's
holding it to the plate... but not quite a screw, though it does have two
grooves in a cross pattern on it's top (I tried to turn it with a flat head
screwdriver, but there really wasn't enough of a groove).

So... first of all, does anyone understand what I'm trying to explain? :)

And secondly, is this thing supposed to even come off?  And if so how?

BTW, I can send pictures if that will help explain.

TIA

Kurtis J.
Russellville, Arkansas
1963 TR4