Re: TR4 Distributor - Lead From Contact Plate...

To: "Arakelian, Peter" <arakelianp@mossmotors.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR4 Distributor - Lead From Contact Plate...
From: "Kurtis" <kurtisj@cox-internet.com>
Date: Thu, 6 May 2004 13:21:06 -0500
Hmmm... well, I feel a little stupid now.  I guess I was just too focused on
connecting it to the contact base plate where it originally connected.  I'll
give connecting it under the plastic bush as you suggested.

Thanks!

Kurtis J.
Russellville, Arkansas
1963 TR4
CT19389L
www.geocities.com/tr4_1963

> Moss has recently added 153-645, which is a generic braided copper wire
for multiple applications.  It has eyelets on both ends with 5/32 holes and
is 2-1/2 inched long center to center. And can be adapted to fix most any
set up. You can see a picture on the web site.
> I found and added this because, well, I needed a good replacement.
> I attached one end to the side of the distributor and assembled the other
end to the points - UNDER the lower plastic bush so it is insulated from the
point spring, but grounds the base.