Re: TR3a sputtering then die

To: <davidt@opentext.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR3a sputtering then die
From: "Kinderlehrer" <kinderlehrer@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 8 May 2004 08:08:17 -0700
> I also think this happens more often when the tank is fuller, just filled
> the tank as I was leaving work and now I recall the last time the tank was
> nearly full as well.
>
> The symptoms away seem to occur at the same point on the trip too.
>
> David Templeton
> '59TR3a

David,
Next time it starts to sputter, reach back and pop open the gas cap. If the
overflow is clogged for some reason and the vent hole in the cap isn't large
enough, you may not have any way for air to get into the system to replace
the gas that wants to come out. It would be worse with a full tank.

Bob