Re: Selling Overseas?

To: RobBlubaugh@netscape.net (Robert Blubaugh), triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Selling Overseas?
From: Bill & Skip Pugh <anabil@caltel.com>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 09:52:23 -0700
Hi Robert...I would be very cautious...there is a current Scam about
where the seller offers more than you asked for the car, sends what
appears to be a Certified Check, asks that you send them the
difference, and promises to have a " friend" pick up the car.
The Check will be counterfeit,  the "friend" will never show up, and
you are out the "difference".
Just make  sure any check completely clears your bank before handing
over the car, and never, never send them any money...

On the other hand he may be 100% on the up and up  and  a  serious
collector with money to burn...

--
Bill  Pugh
1957 TR3