Selling Overseas?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Selling Overseas?
From: RobBlubaugh@netscape.net (Robert Blubaugh)
Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 12:29:50 -0400
Hi listers!

Oweing to my health family situation my TR2 is currently up for sale on eBay.
Please understand that this is not intended as an "ad" because I do not believe
"ads" are appropriate for this list service.  I will not include a link in this
message.

My question relates to selling on eBay as I have never before offered anything
for sale this way.  Can I or should I reject a bid?  The current high bidder is
someone from Germany.  My reserve price has been met, but given the limited
value of my car I cannot think that someone would want to pay the price that
would be involved for shipping from the Midwest United States to Central
Europe.  I am concerned that my "sale" may "crash" if the current bidder is the
final bid winner.

The bidder has a rating of about 16 and he has no negative feedback.  Perhaps
he is legitimate and there won't be a problem.  Does anyone have any experience
or advice concerning eBay bidders from a foreign land?

Rob Blubaugh
Rensselaer, Indiana

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.