Sloppy Steering

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Sloppy Steering
From: "Hugh Fader" <hfader@usa.net>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 07:28:26 -0400
After replacing bushings and springs, I have my TR6 front suspension back on
the car and have taken a few short road tests. I have a few problems to sort
out.

1. Steering wheel not centered.
2. Pulls a bit to the right -- need to get an alignment.
3. Pulls to the right when braking.
4. An intermittent vibration in the steering at about 60 MPH.

The vibration is what has me worried. I didn't have anything quite this
severe before the rebuild.

One thing I notice is that there is some play in the steering. I can turn
the steering wheel say 5 degrees before the steering engages and moves the
wheels. Is there any way to take this up with an adjustment? Is it better to
just replace the rack? Could this be causing the vibration? Any other
thoughts?

Thanks,
Hugh Fader