RE: Sloppy Steering

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Sloppy Steering
From: "Hugh Fader" <hfader@usa.net>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 19:43:54 -0400
Thanks to Jim and Dave Massey for suggesting to lock at the rack mounts. I
did replace the rack mounts with new rubber ones a couple of years ago. I
tightened them with the trick mentioned in several places of steering full
in one direction and tightening the compressed mount.

Good news is I just switched front to rear tires and the vibration and a lot
of the pull in steering and braking went away. The old front tires are
pretty well worn.

I guess I still have to decide what to do about the slop in the steering but
at least it doesn't seem to be contributing to the other problems.

- Hugh