Re: Brakes, first things first

To: Triumph list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Brakes, first things first
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2004 15:48:37 -0700
>> Also carefully inspect all the steel lines.  In a car this old
>> they may rust to the point of leaking.
> I will emphatically second that.  I lost my previous TR3A because the
> steel
> line under the car had rotted through while it was in storage.

When I brought home my TR3A for the first time the rear brake cylinders
blew just as I got home.  I rebuilt the hydraulics replacing all
cylinders & rubber before it left the property again.

When I rebuilt the car it got all new metal lines as well.

T.J. Wakeman

Never let anyone drive you crazy when you know it's within walking
distance.

Check out the new British Cars Forum: