TR6 head stud nuts TRF & Moss rant

To: "6 List" <6pack@autox.team.net>, "Triumph list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 head stud nuts TRF & Moss rant
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2004 20:01:42 -0400
Cc: <TRFMAIL@aol.com>, <parts@mossmotors.com>
Anyone know of a source of quality or NOS TR6 head stud nuts? Are grade
5 nuts acceptable for this application?

I bought some from TRF & Moss and they both sent grade 5 nuts that were
IDENTICAL, right down to the manufacturer's marks to the nuts I found at
Fastenal. The only difference was I was able to purchase 100 at Fastenal
($8.94) for only slightly more than the SHIPPING costs for 14 from Moss
@ $1.20 ea. or TRF @ $1.10 ea. Now I'm all for TR suppliers making a
reasonable profit, maybe even an unreasonable profit on specialty items
like quality head stud nuts, but passing hardware store nuts off as
quality engine components and charging outrageously for them is just
wrong to me.

Jim Davis

Fortson, GA

CF38690UO