RE: TR-6 Differential Carrier

To: "List" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: TR-6 Differential Carrier
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2004 14:51:34 -0700
> If you are troubled by this
> thought then look out for a carrier second hand, there are several "donor"
> vehicles for this piece, The TR 4A 5 (250) and 6 also any of the
> 2000, 2500
> 2.5 series of saloons as well as the Dolomite Sprint, and I think
> it is the
> same bit in the TR 2 3 and 4.
> I Believe the list to be accurate but I have been unable to verify as I
> don't have catalogues for all of the cars!

I believe you can add the Stag to this list, but should remove the TR2 and
possibly early TR3.  I remember the carrier was strengthened at some point,
including larger bolts for the ring gear, but don't recall offhand exactly
when.  Might be when the Mayflower "1/2 floating" axle was changed for the
later "3/4 floating" design with roller bearings at the wheels instead of
ball bearings.

Randall

Check out the new British Cars Forum: