RE: TRactor Engine Overheating

To: "'John A. Wise'" <Wise@erau.edu>, "triumphs@Autox.Team.Net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: TRactor Engine Overheating
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2004 22:28:43 -0700
Thanks to everyone for their ideas and suggestions. Since the overheating
problem is relatively new (getting worse over the last month or so) I'm sure
it's not a bypass issue, or a thermostat issue, or a fan issue, or a water
wetter issue. The symptom of the overflow reservoir constantly overflowing,
plus air in the radiator leads me to believe that if we fix that, we fix the
overheating.

Tonight we talked over my overheating problem at the SD TClub, and tomorrow I'm
having the coolant tested for exhaust gases (also known as a block test). We
believe that the head gasket may have burnt through, especially since I have 87
mm pistons and there have been similar type problems with these gaskets in the
past with the bigger liners. A compression test, nor a cooling system pressure
test wouldn't find this type of problem.

I'll give everyone an update by Friday.

Thanks!
John