Re: TRactor Engine Overheating

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TRactor Engine Overheating
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2004 00:04:28 EDT
Greetings...  If you have the original radiator neck, than that is  probably
where your problem lies.  The neck is 1 inch deep as opposed to  the 3/4 inch
depth for anything "modern."  In order for a recovery system  to work, the cap
must seal around the top of the neck as well as the bottom or  air will get
past the cap and into the system when it cools.  Look at a  "modern" cap and
you will see some sort of gasket next to the body of the  cap.  I've not found
cap for the 1 inch neck that has this  seal.  Next time you have your
radiator in for servicing, have them  change the neck to a 3/4 inch and you can
use a
proper cap.  Another route  is to use a pressurized recovery system where the
pressure cap in on the  recovery tank and a plain cap is on the radiator.
This is the system used  on (dare I say it) BMC cars.   TJ

Check out the new British Cars Forum: